Thursday, January 3, 2013

Human Bomb #1 cover from sketch to finish

I got the email on a weekend asking to get a cover done by the coming mid-week. I dashed off these two sketches, and got the okay on the first one.
 Since I wanted to try coloring myself, I did this in photoshop, in order to give myself a color rough to work from.

The line art followed, and I finished this by Monday night.
 My daughter helped set up the scan, and flatted the piece for me while I slept, so that I could start in on Tuesday.
I probably spent more time on this than I needed to, as I had no way of judging what level of detail would show in print, but I got it done by the deadline, and was generally happy with it. 

Human Bomb is trademark and copyright 2013 by DC Entertainment, and used here for promotional purposes only.

1 comment:

Mike Mikulovsky said...

WOW! That's alot of hard work!! That's really great your daughter can & is helping you too. It looks amazing Jerry! That should really get fans to pivk it up too. The other sketch looks equally as cool.