Thursday, August 24, 2017

New comic/sketchbook available for order now.

Update: Messenger #23 and Proton #1 are now out of print. They have been reprinted together in a single issue, "Proton Part 1."

I've just published a new combination of comic book and sketchbook, titled "The Messenger" after a hiatus. My previous self-publishing efforts (through my imprint "Okay Comics") have been booklet sized, and and more modest efforts. This publication is 40 pages (36 interior plus color covers) and comic book sized, approximately 6 1/2"x 10". My goal is to adhere to a quarterly schedule, and here's where I need help! I need you to buy and read it, which in turn will put the pressure back on me, to create new content for the publication. It's a win-win scenario :)


A little about the contents:

There's a 10 page lead story featuring a creation of mine called "Proton" that has been gestating for an awful long time! I first published the character in my fanzine "Okay Comix" in the early 1970's, and wrote and drew another chapter in 1978 that remains unpublished. In the years since, I have refined and re-thought the concept, almost drawing it for Image in the 1990's. Now, I am committed to finally getting it launched, though in smaller increments, as I still need to pay the bills by drawing custom art for fans.

Speaking of custom art, the remainder of the issue is filled with the many custom commissions I drew in 2013! I often post the digital images on Twitter or Facebook, but they're printed in "The Messenger" #23 for the first time anywhere!


These prices apply to domestic US shipping only. If you want a comic shipped internationally, contact me at ordwayweb@gmail.com . Same applies for bulk orders, US or international.

Proton Part 1 (collecting Messenger #23 + Proton #1)

$5 + $5 shipping


Proton #2

$6 + $5 shipping


Proton Part 1 (collecting Messenger #23 + Proton #1) and Proton #2

$11 + $7 shipping


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry,
I'd like to inquire about shipping rates to the U.K.

Many thanks,

Russell

-> Ray said...

I just placed an order, but I would be interested in knowing if you would sign the book?

-> Ray said...

It came in today's mail. This is a great publication, and I'll look forward to further issues. (Thanks also for signing it!)

Ian Giggal said...

Hi Jerry,

I'd love to buy a copy, what would shipping cost to Niagara Falls Canada?

Blam said...

I just ordered a copy. I'm not big on autographs in general, but the first time we met you signed that DC Super-Heroes activity book you drew way back when — and if you'd be so kind as to personalize this before mailing I'll have my calendar alert me to ask again in another 25 years. 8^)

Unknown said...

Hi Jerry! I'm currently the voice of The Flash on Justice League Action. - charlie schlatter

Peter said...

Dear Mr Ordway, how much would shipping be for The Messenger #23 to the UK?

Best,

Peter Noble

Boz said...

Hi, it looks great! Please let me know what would be the cost for shipping to Rome, Italy.

motherpopcorn said...

Ordered! Looking forward to reading it! And, hey, if you feel like signing it, Bibbo would approve!

Clipping Solutions said...

very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking for!
clipping path service
Raster To vector/clipping path service

Misty said...

I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing
clipping path service

Lisa Resnick said...


Thanks for sharing this great post.This is so nice.
clipping path

James Charlie said...

Extremely well written paper, however a few more points can be added to make it all the more resourceful. Visit MyAssignmentHelpAU and make most of the valuable Dissertation Writing Service services as offered by the best in the business. Feel free to get in touch at any point of the day.

John Cornejo said...

This is a very informative post with high quality details. Your information has been very helpful. I have written this article yes or no picker as a way to help you make good choices, if you have problems you can visit this article it can help you.

James Samuels said...

I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.
Inspiring from your previous post i have also written a well informational article base on auto clicker for Mac. I would like to share this article with you advanced features auto clicker for Mac. Thanks you for your visit.

hameedudhaaam said...

I trully appretiate your work and tips given by you is helpful to me. I will share this information with my family & friends. This is a great website, keep the positive reviews coming. This is a great inspiring .I am pretty much pleased with do my paper for me your good work. You put really very helpful information. I am looking to reading your next post. !!!!